The Achievements Pokemon Go Got In BAFTA Awards
Since Pokemon Go become hugely successful last year, there are more and more players try to play it. The game is currently enjoying a user base of over 65 million monthly active users.
According to Niantic Labs, Pokemon Go won many titles at British Academy of Film, Television and Arts Game Awards. The developers shared their appreciation about the honour in a blog. "We are surprised and grateful to be awarded this honour. We owe the continued momentum and recognition to the dedicated players exploring the world and creating adventures together in Pokemon Go. Each and every award Pokemon Go has won is a testament to the game's awesome and supportive community."
Then, let's what award Pokemon Go have received:
• Adweek’s Hot List - Hottest Digital Obsession & Hottest Mobile Game
• Academy of Arts and Science's D.I.C.E. Awards - Mobile Game of the Year
• BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards - Best Game
• GameSpot - Best Mobile Games of the Year
• Golden Joystick Awards - Innovation of the Year & Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year
• GSMA Glomo Awards 2017 - Best Overall Mobile App
• IGN - Mobile Game of the Year
• SXSW Gaming Awards - Mobile Game of the Year
• TechCrunch's Crunchies - Best App of the Year
• The Game Awards - Best Mobile/Handheld Game & Best Family Game
• The Game Developers Choice Awards - Best Mobile/Handheld Game
However, while those numbers are big and scary, the game get 80% drop in active users. Many players are waiting for other updates that will be released in game. It might bring more players back to Pokemon Go.